A Fall Itinerary: Experiencing The Changing Seasons in Jackson Hole
A Transformative Transition
The transition from long summer days into snowy winter nights is a magical time to visit the valley. Trees change to vibrant autumn shades, wildlife becomes more active in preparation for winter, and brisk temperatures return.
Our Pathfinders know first-hand that the fall season is ripe with adventurous activities, relaxing afternoons and best kept secrets. They compiled the below itinerary for making the most of your time in Jackson this fall season.
- Check into your room or suite at The Cloudveil.
- Once you’ve freshened up, head downstairs and out onto Town Square.
- Take a stroll and browse our numerous local art galleries throughout the Square, and pop into a wide array of boutiques for thoughtful gifts.
- Hop in the car and head over to Teton Village to stroll around, sightsee, shop and sit down for dinner at Osteria.
- Stay in the Village for an evening of Stargazing with Wyoming Stargazing.
- End the evening with a drink or dessert back at The Bistro at The Cloudveil.
- Rise early and meet in the lobby for a dawn guided wildlife tour in Grand Teton National Park. Our knowledgeable guide partners will educate you on the park, its flora & fauna, and take you to the prime spots for wildlife viewing. Be sure and bring your camera!
- Back in town, head over to Café Genevieve for lunch.
- Drive over to the National Museum of Wildlife Art for an afternoon of art and stunning scenery (Free admission with your room key!). Be sure to take a walk outside on the sculpture trail.
- From here, continue North on 191 into Grand Teton National Park and head to either Schwabacher’s Landing or Mormon Row Historic District for incredible sunset photos of the Tetons.
- Back at the hotel, take a dip in our heated pool or hot tub before freshening up for the evening.
- Stroll over for dinner at Local, then pop into the iconic Million Dollar Cowboy Bar for a drink or some dancing afterwards.
- Rise and enjoy breakfast at Persephone Bakery.
- Head out for a half-day Fly Fishing tour on the Snake River. Whether you are a novice or expert angler, our Pathfinders will book you an unforgettable trip on the water with one of our preferred vendors.
- Post fly fishing adventure, grab lunch at Dornan’s.
- Take an afternoon soak in a the hot springs at Astoria Hot Spring Park.
- After freshening up back at your room, take the short drive to over to Calico Bar & Restaurant in Wilson for dinner.
- If time allows it, take advantage and sleep in. Order room service from our restaurant, The Bistro. You’re on vacation after all!
- Check out of your room or suite.
- If you are driving out of town to the North, grab a to go lunch from Creekside Market and take in those beautiful Teton views one last time.
- Heading South? Enjoy canyon views as you make your way along the Snake River, and stop at Hoback Market for a grab and go lunch.
Be sure and come back to visit us soon!
Some other great options during your fall visit to Jackson Hole:
- Read a book in the square.
- Book a massage.
- Tour a local glass artist’s studio and see how “the magic happens.”
- Take a tour at the Teton Raptor Center.
- Walk over to the Wort Hotel and catch some live music.
- Take a tour of our local distillery, Jackson Hole Stillworks.
- Numerous places to hike and/or just take a walk.
- Rent a bike or take a guided bike tour.
- Enjoy a nice after dinner walk on the dike and sit by the Snake River while looking at the magnificence that surrounds you, and enjoy the sunset over the Tetons.